Thursday 5 January 2012

Parliamentary Debating in India

Over the course of the past three years, I have enjoyed being a part of the inspiring, vibrant and generally wonderful community of Indian Parliamentary Debaters. I have been a part of this community for a short amount of time, but in that time I have seen it grow from being centred in DU, Bangalore and the Law Schools of India to small number of buzzing circuits that are all keen to pursue PD in all its glory.

Of course, as the circuit grew, as did the general chaos within it. Today, there are debates every three days across the country and there is no single place where we can get information about it all. As we grow in size, I hope that we can organize ourselves to become genuine powerhouses in the Asian, and eventually the Worlds circuits. However, as of now, a large number of Indian debaters are not exposed to organized parliamentary debating outside India. With a greater awareness, I hope that people will stop viewing competitions outside India as opaque events which are alien to those held in our country, and start participating more.

I am creating this blog in a small attempt to gather and collate information about debating, debate tournaments and the general life of debating for debaters in India. I hope that this can become a resource for some in either looking up motions, or just following the different debates around the country.

I hope to have the support of the various debating institutions to get information to ensure that this blog can be as accurate as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment